I’m so excited to begin doing these posts! Friday faves is something I adore throughout the community, and wanted to participate in, so every Friday I will be posting my 5 faves – whether that be worlds, magic systems, main characters, couples etc.
In the theme of Valentines day (which, I know, I know…was yesterday) I thought I’d do my 5 fave couples in books!
This is a difficult one for me, as there are obvious choices that come to mind – such as certain characters from the classics etc, but to keep this from becoming too saturated with the ‘typical classic couples’ we all love and know, I decided to go for a list focusing on the fantasy genre in general.
This list is not in any particular order, I’m not rating one above the other particularly, I’m just giving you the generalized list of faves!
- Serene and Raoden from Elantris – This is a couple I encountered recently, but I just adore! They are so perfect for each other, so strong willed and willing to do what it takes to achieve peace for their people! They are an awesome power couple.
- Elide and Lorcan from the Throne of Glass Series – If you follow me on bookstagram, you will know how much I’ve previously gone on about this couple. I adore them so much, I have a weird love for brooding male types, and I just melt at this quiet yet strong woman managing to warm the heart of this immortal stern-faced male.
- Mia Corvere and Ashlinn Jarnheim from The Nevernight Chronicle – Spoiler Alert (Sort of) – Scroll down if you have not read Nevernight or Godsgrave!! You’ve been warned! Okay so at first I struggled with this because, you know…forgiving Ashlinn, but now I’m totally on board with this power couple!
- Patch and Nora from the Hush Hush Series – I can’t help it, I just have a thing for guys who are all dark and mysterious!! I’m not the only one!
- Jon Snow and Ygritte from A Song of Ice and Fire – I adored this couple so much (weeps uncontrollably) Damn you George R. R. Martin! Ygritte was so good for Jon!
There you have it, my Five Friday Fave Couples! I probably have forgotten some if i’m honest, so please feel free to hit me up in the comments with those you would have added to your list, or ones that you would swap out from mine. Who is your fave couple from books?